"Sounds Good Feels Good" review

04:05

Source:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pduJjbdzKng

HEY EVERYBODY!!

5 Seconds of Summer (5sos) have recently released their newest album, Sounds Good Feels Good. They have rocked our socks out once again. This album is the definition of perfection, this album hits all the right places, basically in fangirl language if you don't understand, it gives me all dem feels. These songs show so much emotions, they show the struggle the boys have been through, the fun they had, the pain they had to go through, and the recovery they achieved. These boys have left powerful messages and questions worth asking. Here are some of my personal insights on each song. These are all my opinions so if you get offended or really bothered, then I apologise. 

Money
This song is so carefree and fun. It's one of those songs that make you want to get up and start dancing to, or those songs that make you bob your head to the beat till you lose all your brain cells. I love how they started the album with such an upbeat feeling, you get the feeling that you know its going to be a great album and really shows the positivity and optimism. 

She's Kinda Hot
This song is my favourite released single, well besides Hey Everybody and Good Girls. The song is fun and upbeat, great for any party. It is really one of those songs that make your day in a way and leave you with a huge smile. This song really shows appreciation towards Ashton Irwin (The Drummer) they show how important he is, well in an indirect manner of course. 

Hey Everybody!
THE FUNNEST SONG EVER. This song is another one of my personal favourite single. The Music Video is so fun and entertaining. This song shows how they struggled financially, it shows how everyone deserves to live decently at least. This song is not too serious but still leaves a message in a way. This song is a way to start a party, literally the funnest and upbeat.

Permanent Vacation
The song is fun yet has so much meaning. It shows their struggle in the past of the conflict between school and their upcoming career. This song is so relatable and fun at the same time. This song is literally my theme song for when I'm in school, literally a mix of everything. This song is great to make you much more cheerful. It's relatable and great to relieve stress.

Jet Black Heart
This song is one of my personal favourites. I love how much solo's Mikey (Guitarist, Michael Clifford) has in it because he rarely has much solos. It shows the boys struggles in their personal life and it makes their relationship with the fans much closer because we end up knowing more about them and that they're real people and they have feelings too and they have problems and issues. Everyone has their demons even wide awake or dreaming is the first line in the song and I feel like it's so deep and we are knowing more about their issues and how much they pour into their songs.

Catch Fire
This song, MY GASH THIS SONG. Well it personally brings my inner fangirl-the real me-out. It makes me burst out into full rock star mode with banging my head in full speed and dancing like no tomorrow, while playing my air guitar and singing like a dying hyena, I mean I sing pretty horribly not gonna lie. This song will literally make your mood 100x better in seconds, pure perfection.

Safety Pin
NOW THIS SONG THIS SONG. This song is literally the freaking ish. This song lyrically is deep but not to the point where you want to burst out in tears and start to rethink life, well I mean it could but not really. This song is really friggin catchy that it makes me cry, not literally. I hum and sing this song so much that I can no longer remember the formula's to my math tests. It's kinda like they were thinking "What's a song to ruin someones life and never let them sleep at night?" then boom Safety Pin. I have issues in life...

Waste the Night
I DON'T WANNA WASTE IT I DON'T WANNA WASTE THE NIGHT. Well basically, this song reminds me eating burritos because the chorus just repeats "waste it waste it" It's like when kids don't wanna eat it and your just start to play the song and then they realise, okay I'm done. But seriously this song is really good when you wanna party and just have fun, Fantastic mood-booster.

Vapor
This song is kinda like safety pin, but not. It's the perfect mix of slow and fast, it's like a roller coaster, just goes Up then Down, then when you think it's over, nope. This is one of those songs you just listen to on a Friday night when you realise you have no friends, Just play that song it'll seem less lonelier and will make it seem like you have your life together. But honestly this song hits the feels in all the right places.

Castaway
This song is one of those songs that when the chorus hits you start to dance and seem to know the beat when you haven't even heard it yet, but you just know, am I making any sense? This song is fairly one of the Most popular ones from my friends, I understand though. It may not be my favourite, BUT OH MY LORD. It's that song that will make you sleepwalk when it comes on then start to dance because of how catchy and fun it is.

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Another personal favourite and feel-hitter (Yes, I did make that word) It's so perfect (No it does not look so perfect, only kidding) It's one of those deep songs that makes you contemplate life and really think. It's deep and makes thoughts and questions pop in mind. It's shows so much about the boys and it makes you start or continue appreciating the boys and how they struggle, and it reminds us that well they're human-beings too, they have problems, they have emotions, they have thoughts that leave them awake at night.

Broken Home
Now for this song I would like to take a little bit more seriously. This song is my personal favourite. Because of how much they trust us the fans to show such a big part of their life. It shows how much they struggle. It shows how they aren't perfect and that they have had their fair shares of bumps and bruises along the way. Growing up wasn't easy, they had to struggle and work for how they became now. They had to be under happiness for a period of their life, they were under a broken home. They experienced pain and sorrow. I just really want to give Ashton Irwin a bear hug right now for being so strong and handling it professionally and deeply. They have feelings, They have problems, They aren't perfect, and yet that's the reason why we love and appreciate them and what they have achieved.


Fly Away
Alright enough for the sob fest peeps, and go blow your nose, I know such a poet Bianca. Now fly away was one of the sneak peaks that they gave us before SGFG came out. Such a fun song and really makes you in the mood to start a karaoke. It brightens the mood from all the sad and deep songs. This is like a reassurance that they will be okay but they still need our help. This song is positive and fun, It's that song to make you smile when times get tough.

Invisible
When you think all the sad ish and tears are over, Hahahaha YOU THOUGHT. Now this song makes me feel closer to them in a friend way, It's like they're talking to us. Still got your tissues? well you're still gonna need it, Don't worry it came with the fandom starter pack, you need it at all times. The ending is so calm and beautiful, I love how they finished it with soft violins playing, beautiful.

Airplanes
You know that moment when an airplane flies over you and you make a wish, well 5sos may or may not be there, Sorry I don't know what I am talking about. Airplanes is fun and Mikey has a solo here, what could be any better than that? Add that with Pizza and Burritos and you'll be kissing the floor they walk on. I like this song a bunch, may not be my favourite, but they sure know all the fan-girls weaknesses, Mikey Solo's and a New Song.

San Francisco
One of the faves. Song is perfectly balanced and is just beautiful. It ends with just listening and appreciating the instruments do its thing. It's so comforting and calm yet you get a fangirl attack because there's too much feels on how perfect this song is. I swear words cannot describe the feelings you get when you listen to this song, the just ugh beautiful. Trust me and listen, You'll understand.

Outer Space/ Carry On
My personal favourites. Outer space is so comforting and reassuring that everything will be okay, that all their issues and problems all became worth it, I trust these boys way too much. It's like they have finally reached genuine happiness and that they still have issues and problems to fix but they still got through it and are still fighting, makes my heart beat when it plays, it's really impacting. Carry On is one of the most comforting songs in the whole album, just my personal insight you don't have to agree. The literal last lines is "You know it's gonna get better" They're telling us whatever c'rap we're going through we will get through it, we just have to believe in ourselves that all of these things happen and things will get better.


I think I'm starting to get a story coming up, They got Money and a Girlfriend who was kinda hot then they got rich and were like "HEY EVERYBODY!" so they went on a Permanent Vacation towards a Jet Black Heart They decided it was a good idea to catch fire and got bruises and there was no band-aids so they used a safety pin instead, just because. They Didn't want to waste the night of the last day of their vacation so they got some vapor and castawayed (not a word) to the girl who cried wolf who told them she had a broken home and wanted to fly away to be invisible to they brought her to a  airplane to go to San Francisco but instead went to outer space and carried on, I'm sorry I'm messed up.

I'm so sorry for wasting your night, *wink* sorry i'm lame,

Thank You, and see you again :))

bunks de funks xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured post

You are You

HEY, YOU! YEAH, YOU! I just wanted to say I appreciate you and love you. I know life is getting hard and you're confused. J...

a lil bit awkward, a lil bit crazy

Subscribe